Southside Partnership DLR has released A Guide to Policies and Procedures for Community Organisations.
This guide is a fantastic resource for groups or individuals who have just set up a not-for-profit organisation or are thinking about doing so. It contains crucial information on:
- Company structure, charitable status and financial management
- The Board of Directors and governance
- Mission statements, the Code of Ethics and equality and diversity policies
- Health and safety
- Recordkeeping, recording and personnel files
- Contracts of employment and HR forms
- Policy and procedure development
- Specific policies and procedures
As well as appendices with a helpful reminder checklist, a summary of legislation and guildlines and useful contacts.